In oatmeal, plums taste quite similar to apples. However, plums don’t brown like apples do, so they are much better suited for overnight recipes!
Spiced Plum Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 plum
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup nondairy yogurt (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Dice plum into small pieces. The smaller you cut the pieces, the more evenly the flavor will be distributed! (You can also puree it.)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!