Are you ready for some chocolate weekend indulgence? Well, after one of these, you would be completely satisfied! These Spelt Tarts with Chocolate Mousse topped with Strawberries and Cherries are absolutely amazing!
Spelt Tarts with Chocolate Mousse topped with Strawberries and Cherries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spelt Tarts with Chocolate Mousse topped with Strawberries and Cherries [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup Whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter cooled
- 1/3 cup raw coconut sugar (for the dough)
- 3 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 Vegan egg replacement
- 1 tablespoon Ice cold water
- Strawberries and cherries to decorate
For the Mousse:
- 1 cup Aquafaba (the liquid from chickpeas, organic, no salt added)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
- 3.5 ounces Dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
How to Prepare Spelt Tarts with Chocolate Mousse topped with Strawberries and Cherries [Vegan]
For the Mousse:
- Break the chocolate and melt above the steam.
- Whisk the coconut cream, mix with the chocolate, and set aside.
- Using a mixer, began whipping the aquafaba with cream of tartar and adding Xylitol gradually, one tablespoon at a time, until you get a thick fluffy consistency.
- When ready, start pouring the chocolate into the foam, very slowly, while stirring gently.
- Place it into a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When ready, fill your tarts and pour the rest into glasses. If you decide to make more tarts, you should have enough for 6 to 8.
- Decorate your tarts with fruits and chocolate drizzle if you like.
For the Crust:
- Line the bottom of your tart forms with parchment paper. You may brush one side with oil that helps the paper to stick on the bottom of the form.
- Prepare your egg in a small dish by following the instructions on the box.
- Place all the ingredients except water and egg replacement into a food processor and start pressing the pulse button.
- Continue full speed until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg replacement and blend again, until you see farming a ball. You may add 1 tbs Ice cold water if need it. But only if the dough does not form the ball after you add the egg replacement.
- Remove the dough and create nice ball.
- Shape the ball into about of 6inch long shape by roiling with your hands on the working surface.
- Divide into 3 equal pieces and shape them into balls.
- Place one in the middle of the tart form and press down with your fingers making flat surface.
- Apply plastic wrap to cover the surface and begin pressing down gently with glass while moving towards the edges, until you create rim about 1/4 thick.
- Peel the plastic off and remove the excess dough that overlap the edge.
- Gently press down the edge with you your fingers to make it nice and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pierce with fork the bottom of each tart and cover with few beans or baking beads to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 15min, then remove the beans or beads and bake for another 10minutes. You may check with a toothpick, to make sure they are ready. If the toothpick comes out dry, they are ready, if not, they need another 5 to 1o minutes.
- When ready, let them cool down for 30min.
- Remove from tart forms (they should come out very easily) and place on your working surface.
- Fill with mousse.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.