Cauliflower is perhaps one of the most versatile vegetables. You can roast it, make a pizza, make a sauce, make wings, and make bites of all other varieties. Best of all, you can make cauliflower rice, which is a million more times filling than the standard rice as it packs more fiber, and more nutrients to boot! This Spanish-inspired cauliflower rice dish is packed with flavor, heat, and the refreshing bite of lime and cilantro.
Spanish Cauliflower Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large head cauliflower, shredded or finely ground
- 1/2 red onion, shredded or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chili, halved (optional), or substitute 1 small can of diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 lime
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor by pulsing until finely ground into pieces slightly larger than cooked rice. Dice onion, jalapeño, and mince garlic.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, chili powder, and salt. Cook for a minute to flavor the oil. Increase the heat to high, add onion, and cook until translucent. Then add black beans and cook for a few minutes before adding adobo sauce, lime juice, and lastly cauliflower.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until the moisture is evaporated and the cauliflower is light and fluffy. Strain if needed. Top with lime juice, avocado, and cilantro.