This spaghetti takes creamy pasta to a whole other level AND it's choc-full of nutrition. Especially protein and calcium.
Spaghetti a la Caesar [Vegan]
- 4 servings of whole wheat spaghetti
- A drizzle of olive oil for the pan
- 2 cups curly kale, chopped into bite sized pieces (stems removed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
For the sauce:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus a bit more to taste if needed
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Almond “parm” (ground almonds mixed with sea salt)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- A bit of lemon zest and/or chili flakes if desired
- To make the sauce, process the 3 garlic cloves, nutritional yeast and almonds in a food processor until grainy.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and process until creamy.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook your pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2- 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a pan, sauté the kale and minced garlic in a bit of olive oil until the kale is bright green. Be careful not to brown the garlic as it can get bitter.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot or in a bowl. Add the sautéed kale and garlic and toss. Start adding some of the sauce, some of the pasta cooking water (you may not need all of it) and toss until all the pasta is coated.
- Serve topped with almond parm, freshly ground pepper, chopped parsley, and the chili flakes and/or lemon zest if using. Serve immediately and enjoy!