This healthy, refreshing, vegan Southwest quinoa salad works great as a lunch, light dinner, or even a picnic. It’s made with simple ingredients like red bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, black beans, avocado, and lime juice. Adding fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro brightens up the summer quinoa salad, making it light and flavorful.
Southwest Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste 1 avocado diced
- Cook the rinsed quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Fluff the quinoa and let it cool to room temperature, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine.