These tofu strips can turn any tofu hater into a tofu lover. They are crunchy and indulgent are made even more tasty when dipped generously into the maple dill sauce. Boring, bland tofu no more!
Southern-Fried Tofu With Maple Dill Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tofu:
- 7 ounces of extra firm, pressed tofu
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the Maple Dill Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dill
- 3/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
To Make the Tofu:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and spice mix.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together the chickpea flour, water, and apple cider vinegar.
- Spread the oil onto the parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into strips. Dip them into the flour mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture and
- place onto the oiled parchment.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
To Make the Maple Dill Sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Chill until you’re ready to serve.