These may just be the best pumpkin doughnuts you will ever eat! Made with pumpkin purée, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla, these super moist doughnuts are easy to put together and baked so you can enjoy a guilt-free tis-the-season treat anytime you want. The creamy vanilla glaze on top adds a touch of decadence and a nice touch to the presentation.
Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts [Vegan]
For the Doughnuts:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
To Make the Doughnuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an eight-hole doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, make a dry mix with the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin purée, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet mix to the dry. Using a silicone spatula, fold into a smooth batter.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag and fill each doughnut cavity with the batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool off on a wire rack.
To Make the Glaze:
- In a small glass bowl, combine the confectioner sugar with milk and vanilla bean paste and whisk until smooth.
- When doughnuts are cool, spoon about 1 tablespoon of glaze over the top of each doughnut. Allow glaze to set before serving.