What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! They are quick, easy, contain minimal ingredients, minimal steps, that gorgeous color, a mellow matcha flavor, tons of chocolate, no dairy or eggs, perf for any season, buttery soft, and a matcha lovers dream!
Soft Baked Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Matcha tea
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted, cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegan egg mixed with 5 tablespoon almond milk
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, matcha, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Bea sugar and vegan butter together in a large bowl using an electric or standing mixer until blended; beat in vanilla extract, vegan egg mixture until light and creamy.
- Mix flour mixture into creamed butter until dough is just blended; fold in white chocolate.
- Drop cookie dough, 1-2 heaping tablespoon per cookie, onto the prepared baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely.