I love snowball cookies and this vegan version is super easy to make and delicious! These cookies have a perfect, soft, crunchy texture with just the right amount of pecans and orange flavor. These can easily be made gluten-free by substituting the flour for your gluten-free flour of choice too. =)
Snowball Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3-5 drops orange essential oil
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (pulse through a food processor until finely ground if you have one)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in bowl. Beat at low-speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed. Add orange essential oil and stir well. Start with 3 drops and add more to taste.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour and pecans.
- Combine all ingredients to form a dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 18-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when once cool.