If you’ve never had an avocado fry, you’re missing out. They will change your life. Below is my recipe for a vegan smokier version that can easily be made gluten free. Enjoy!
Smoky Avocado Fries [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Egg replacer to replace 1 egg
- 1 avocado, cut into fairly large slices
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Get three shallow dishes or bowls ready. Put your milk in one bowl, then the flour, paprika, salt and pepper in another and in the final bowl mix up your egg replacer mixture.
- Get a frying pan or skillet hot and add in enough oil to coat the bottom. Heat on a medium heat.
- First dunk your avocado slices in the milk, then roll in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture and then back into the flour. Make sure they are covered evenly.
- Repeat for the rest of the avocado.
- Fry the avocado slices in the oil for around 1-2 minutes each side or until crispy and golden.
- Enjoy! These go great with sweet chilli sauce or vegan mayonnaise.