If your feeling like a springtime treat – you're in the right place. This squash blossom toast is simple, elegant, and perfect for any occasion; from a picnic to a garden party. We usually see squash blossoms fried but this light recipe simply sautées them and then places them atop cashew cream cheese and a crusty piece of toast to let their subtle flavor shine through.
Simple Squash Blossom, Zucchini, and Cashew Cheese Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Squash Blossom, Zucchini, and Cashew Cheese Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
How to Prepare Simple Squash Blossom, Zucchini, and Cashew Cheese Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Toast the bread on the skillet for about 2 minutes on each side, or until it's slightly crispy (or more depending on how toasty you like your toast).
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Add the zucchini with chopped herbs and sautée it until zucchini is tender 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini and set it aside.
- Next, add squash blossoms to the skillet and sautée it until wilted.
- Remove it from heat.
- Assemble the toast by spreading cashew cheese on the bottom, then layer it with zucchini, squash blossoms, and season it with salt and pepper.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.