A nice and simple scone recipe with hints of orange! Citrus is a great flavor to add to these delightful breakfast pastries, and this recipe truly captures that taste.
Simple Orange Scones [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Orange Scones [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons raw turbinado sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups cold canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
How to Prepare Simple Orange Scones [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 425°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices stir.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of coconut milk in a small bowl. Then, add the rest of the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and orange zest to the flour mixture. Stir only until combined.
- Dust a flat surface with flour and put dump the dough on top. Flatten it slightly with your palms and fold in half. Rotate 90 degrees and fold once more. Continue the flattening and folding motion 3 more times or until the dough is no longer sticky, nor dry.
- Shape the dough into a round about 8 inches in diameter. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into eighths. Slice each of the eighths in half for small scones or leave whole for large scones.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the 1 tablespoon of coconut milk set aside earlier. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms and sides are golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Then, stir the powdered sugar with the orange juice to create a glaze and drizzle or brush on top of the cooled scones.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 240 | Carbs: 42 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 197 mg | Sugar: 18 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.