Think crustless pot pie with a shepherd mashed potato topping. This made 4 servings. So cheap, filling and easy to make!
Shepherd’s Pot Pie [Vegan]
- 1/2 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons bouillon
- 1 tablespoon italian spices
- 7 tablespoons oil
- onion/garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Peel and chop a ton of potatoes. Boil til soft (about 25 minutes) and drain.
- Make gravy by mixing water, bouillon, 3 TB oil, spices together in a large pot. Cooked potatoes will be added to this pot so make sure it’s big enough. I added the corn starch at this point while the water was still unheated. Mix well before bringing to the stove.
- Once water starts to boil the corn starch should thicken everything up. If too thick add more water. If too thin dissolve 1-2 tablespoon of corn starch with 1-2 tablespoon of water then add to pot.
- Mix frozen veggie into the gravy
- Add at least half of the potatoes or more into the gravy
- Mash left over potatoes.
- Pour gravy with veggies into a casserole dish. Add mashed potatoes on top. The more peaks and texture to your mashed potatoes the better the edges will brown.
- Bake at 400ºF for about 45 or until the top looks golden.