I’ve been really into food I can just quickly throw together and not think twice about; it's healthy fast food! Plus I’ve recently rediscovered my loveor toasted sesame oil. Its so toasty — no other word to describe it. With the sweetness of the mango, the coconut bacon just adds that bit of saltiness the dish needs. It truly is one of those quick go-to meals that you can whip up in a flash. You can make the salad ahead of time too and just let it hang in the fridge for a bit.
Sesame Cabbage Salad With Coconut Crusted Tofu [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sesame Cabbage Salad With Coconut Crusted Tofu [Vegan]
- 3 c. diced cabbage
- 1/4 c. red cabbage
- 1/4 c. cilantro, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 c. coconut bacon
- 1/3 c. white balsamic
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 pk. extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 1/4 c. panko
- 1 tsp. ginger
- salt and pepper
How to Prepare Sesame Cabbage Salad With Coconut Crusted Tofu [Vegan]
Before you begin:
- Drain and press tofu for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the water to come out.
- Combine the vegetables in a bowl, toss and set aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic and sesame oil and mix with the cabbage salad.
For the tofu:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a shallow bowl combine the coconut flour, panko, ginger and salt and pepper.
- Take your tofu and slice it in to strips. Dip it into the flour mixture and place onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat for the remainder of the tofu.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, flipping about halfway thru. You want your tofu to be nice and crispy.
- Let cool and serve with the cabbage salad.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.