Ancient grains add so much character to the bread. It's good for both savory or sweet toppings or you can just eat this plain. The seeds, spelt, and Kamut give this bread some nutty flavors you're going to love!
Seeded Spelt and Kamut Sourdough [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Seeded Spelt and Kamut Sourdough [Vegan]
To Make the Autolyse:
- White Flour 48%
- Seeded White Organic Flour 32%
- Spelt flour 10%
- Kamut flour 10%
- Water 70%
Add After Autolyse:
- Water 5%
- Levain 18.75%
- Salt 2%
How to Prepare Seeded Spelt and Kamut Sourdough [Vegan]
- Mix everything except levain and salt and autolyze for 2 hours.
- Add in salt, additional water and levain to the dough. Use the pincer method to mix well.
- Cover and start bulk fermentation.
- Stretch & fold at 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes, 180 minutes and let it rest until it has risen to 20-30%.
- Pre-shape and bench rest for 20 minutes. Generously flour a banneton. Shape the dough into a batard and gently place it into the banneton.
- Wrap the banneton in a plastic bag and let it rest at room temperature for around 15-20 minutes before retarding in the fridge for 10-16 hours (depending on your schedule).
- In the next morning, preheat your dutch oven to 480°F for at least 45 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Score and bake in the dutch oven for 20 minutes at 480°F. Remove the lid of the dutch oven and bake at 445°F for another 20-25 minutes or until the crust is browned to your preference.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.