This recipe for mini savory stuffed peppers is a fantastic appetizer, great for bringing to parties or munching at home by yourself.
Savory Stuffed Pepper Poppers [Vegan]
- 24 mini bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- Cut and core your peppers by slicing off the tops and removing the seeds.
- In boiling water, blanch the peppers for 2 minutes and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a bowl, combine cooked quinoa, caramelized onion, basil, sun dried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon, stuff your peppers!
- Bake your peppers for twenty minutes, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!