We're pretty sure everyone’s tried avocado toast by now, as it’s a dish that seems to have taken the world by storm. But you have to try this avocado toast topped with savory spiced mushrooms. Chestnut mushrooms that have been stir-fried in vegan butter, cayenne, paprika, and turmeric top creamy mashed avocado on toast. It tastes so amazing, and it’s perfect for a quick, simple lunch, dinner or even breakfast – if you like to eat something spicy in the morning.
Savory Mushroom Avocado Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A pinch black pepper
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados
- 4 slices bread of choice
- Firstly slice and peel the avocados, then add the flesh into bowl, mash them with a fork into your desired consistency, and set them aside in the refrigerator.
- Next, finely slice mushrooms and set them aside. Now, place a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the butter, garlic, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne and fry for 1 minute. Then, add the mushrooms and fry them for 4 more minutes. Remove them from the heat when cooked.
- Then, add the slices of toast into a toaster to toast. When they are ready, remove the avocado from the refrigerator and spread it evenly on top of each slice. Then, place a quarter of the mushroom mixture on top of each slice, and serve.