Millet Sanna Polo is a variation of traditional Konkani dish that is typically made only with rice. Serve as is or with your favorite chutney.
Sanna Polo Dosa [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup Millet of choice (this recipe used foxtail, but feel free to use pearl, little millet etc)
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- 3 tablespoons Grated Coconut
- 2-3 Dried Red Chilies
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- 1 cup Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- To taste salt
- As needed Oil, for cooking
- Soak rice and millet overnight or at least for 6~8 hours.
- Drain the water and grind rice & millet along with grated coconut, dried red chilies, tamarind and salt to a smooth batter. Add enough water to make a pourable batter.
- Stir in cabbage, onion and cilantro. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle/ tawa on medium-high heat. Pour a ladleful of batter in a circular manner. Batter doesn't spread quite as much as regular dosa batter, so don't try too hard to get perfect circles.
- Drizzle oil on top and cook dosa till golden on one side, about 2~3 minutes. Gently flip the dosa and cook on the second side for another 1~2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney or just as is.