These addictive little crisps come together so easily, thanks to the magic of store-bought wonton wrappers! Just make sure you check the package to see if they're egg-free – otherwise, vegan puff pastry should do the trick. This is a perfect recipe for those times when you need to make a last minute "fancy" snack that everyone will go crazy for.
Salty-Sweet Pistachio Crisps [Vegan]
- 24 egg-free wonton wrappers or vegan puff pastry, cut in half diagonally (I stack a few at a time and use a pizza cutter to speed things up)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the cut wrappers, spaced slightly apart, on the prepared sheets. Brush each wrapper with the olive oil; follow with the pistachios, sugar, and salt.
- Bake until crisp and lightly golden, 7-10 minutes. Watch very carefully toward the end of the baking time as they go from golden to burnt in less than a minute. Cool on a wire rack.