This a humble dessert and easy to make. Throw everything in a food processor and you’re 99% of the way done. The rest is just waiting for the caramel to set in the freezer. These have the best texture and richest flavors. Perfect to cut into bite-size pieces for when you're craving something sweet!
Salted Tahini Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 13 dates (1 solid cup)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (buttery flavored) (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons agave
- Coarse fancy salt for garnish
- Process everything in the food processor, except for the salt.
- Pour caramel into a lined pan.
- Freeze until solid. Cut into small squares and garnish with salt. Store in the freezer but let sit out for a few minutes before serving.
The smaller the pan the thicker your caramel squares will be. You can buy coconut oil with buttery flavor online.