This simple and refreshing salad is perfect for your summer barbecue. Hearts of palm are tossed with tomatoes, onion, and spring onion in a simple dressing made from olive oil, lime, salt, and pepper, to give it a little bit of spice. If you've never tried hearts of palm before, this salad is a great place to start.
Salsa de Palmito: Brazilian Hearts of Palm Salad [Vegan]
- 2 14-ounce cans of sliced hearts of palm, drained
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small white or yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- In a medium bowl combine the hearts of palm, tomato, onions, and spring onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pour it over the vegetables. Stir gently to coat. Serve.
- Hearts of Palm