Herbs aside, we’ve loaded our holiday stuffing with sweet dried cranberries, the classic carrot & celery smash combo, roasted pecans, pepitas, and a full cup of green lentils for those holiday gains you know? This baked classic is anything but boring.
Sage Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing [Vegan]
- 1 stale-ish loaf of your favourite Bread
- 3 large Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- 6 cremini Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon dried Thyme or 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Sage, or a few fresh Sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsely
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked Green Lentils
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries, 1/4 cup Pecans.
- Cut your loaf of bread into 1×1-inch cubes, you don’t want the bread super fresh so if you do this the night before and let it sit in the fridge it’ll get nice and stale and ready for stuffing.
- Saute your onion and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil letting them sweat out their juices.
- Next add your chopped celery, carrots, and minced garlic to the pan and saute until they’re bright and slightly soft.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over your bread and then add all your spices, herbs, sauteed veggies and chosen add ins.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and toss everything together to get it all nice and coated.
- Place this bread/goodness mixture into a deep casserole dish, pan, or cast iron oven safe container.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is crispy on the outside but still soft in the middle layers.