For our mushroom-loving family, this crowd-pleasing, whole-food, plant-based rosemary stuffed mushroom recipe is a party staple.
Rosemary Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Rosemary Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Rosemary Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- Soak raw cashews in 2 cups of hot water for 20 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash mushrooms. Remove and dice stems.
- Add diced mushroom stems, onion and minced garlic to a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rosemary and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and set aside.
- Drain raw cashews, reserving water. Add cashews, 1/2 cup of reserved water, turmeric, salt, and pepper to food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. If needed, add additional reserved water, 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth consistency is reached.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked veggie mixture and cashew puree. Stir until evenly combined.
- Evenly fill mushroom caps with mixture and place, filling side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool, serve while warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.