Impress your guests with this fancy-looking rosemary orange galette! While complex-looking, this dessert is actually ridiculously easy to make. Simply slice your oranges, arrange them on the crust, fold the edges up and brush them with coconut sugar, and bake! The result? A beautifully vibrant, sweet, and citrusy galette!
Rosemary Orange Galette [Vegan]
- 1 cup rye flour
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar plus more for edges
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cold banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 4 oranges, sliced thinly and peels removed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chamomile
- Add flours, rosemary, and coconut sugar to a large bowl.
- Next, add in the banana and coconut oil. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut them into the flour mixture.
- Slowly start adding in the water while mixing it in until the dough holds together. If it's too wet and sticky, add more flour and if it's too dry, keep adding water until it becomes a dough consistency.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once chilled, remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes. Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and begin to roll out the out the dough into a rough circle shape.
- Arrange oranges in the middle of the dough leaving enough uncovered around the edges to fold up.
- Fold the edges upwards and pinch together. Transfer the galette with the parchment paper to a baking tray. Sprinkle the edges with a little extra coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden and the oranges are soft.
- To make the syrup, add the maple syrup and chamomile to a small saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring constantly until it starts to boil lightly. Let boil for 1 minute while stirring, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled, remove the chamomile as best as you can. Pour over the galette before serving.