This delectable cheesecake is subtle, sophisticated, and utterly delicious. The sticky date and oat crust is topped with a layer of rose jam, and then topped with a creamy lemon and cashew cheesecake and then finished off with a few carefully placed rose petals.
Rose Jam Cheesecake With Oat Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3.5 ounces soft dates
- A pinch of salt
For the Cake:
- 1 10-ounce jar rose jam
- 10.6-12.3 ounces cashews
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 packet vegan lemon jelly
- 1/2 cup water
- Rose petals (garnish)
- Prepare round 7 or 8-inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Pour boiling water over your dates and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then drain them well. Transfer the dates to a blender with the oats and a pinch of salt.
- Mix them until you get a sticky dough and then transfer this to your cake tin. Spread the dough evenly across the bottom of the tin.
- Smear layer of rose jam over the top of the crust and then set it in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Let the cashews soak in boiling water for 30-60 minutes. Then, drain them well then.
- Transfer the nuts to a blender. Add the lemon juice. Start the mixer and mix everything slowly.
- Heat the lemon jelly and the 1/2 cup of water on a stove until the water comes to a boil and the lemon jelly is dissolved.
- Mix this into the cashews until the "batter" is uniform and smooth.
- Once it's smooth, pour this into your cake tin and place it in the refrigerator to set.
- Once the cake has set, garnish it with dried rose petals before serving.
The lemon jelly can be replaced by 2 1/2-3 teaspoon of agar agar.