Roasted root vegetables cooked in creamy coconut milk with an optional pinch of warming spices, like cinnamon, and topped with salty, crunchy macadamia nuts. These are so sweet, creamy and delicious that you will get addicted! You may even skip the Thanksgiving pie. This simple side requires minimal work; just chop your vegetables, throw them in a pan with coconut milk, oil, and spices (if using), then top with macadamia nuts. Perfect for potlucks, this unforgettable Thanksgiving side is one for your recipe book.
Root Vegetables Roasted in Coconut Milk With Salted, Toasted Macadamia Nuts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Root Vegetables Roasted in Coconut Milk With Salted, Toasted Macadamia Nuts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 yams
- 1 cup chopped kabocha pumpkin or butternut squash
- 5-6 whole garlic cloves, slightly smashed
- 1/2 cup or more macadamia nuts
- 1 can or more coconut mik
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
How to Prepare Root Vegetables Roasted in Coconut Milk With Salted, Toasted Macadamia Nuts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Chop all veggies into bite-size pieces.
- Put veggies and garlic cloves in a roasting pan with coconut oil and coconut milk. They should not be covered in milk, just add half an inch at the bottom
- Roast at 400°F for 40-50 minutes, stirring them occasionally until they are soft, and creamy, and the coconut milk has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from oven and top with salted, toasted macadamia nuts.
- Optionally add a pinch of cinnamon and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro
The amount of each root vegetables is according to taste. If you prefer sweeter taste, add more yams and sweet potatoes. If you'd rather get a milder taste, add more carrots and parsnips.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.