This light, refreshing, and so damn flavorful Roasted Tomatillo Dressing is seriously to die for. Use it on your favorite salad, pasta salad, or as a marinade for a pop of flavor that screams summertime.
Roasted Tomatillo Dressing [Vegan]
1 16oz jar
- 4 medium-sized tomatillos
- 4 medium-sized roma tomatoes
- half a large white onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 400F and add your tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapenos to a cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Lather with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and massage each ingredient with your hands to fully coat. (NOTE: wash your hands before touching your face.)
- Roast the ingredients for 30 minutes. Checking halfway through and flipping.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the ingredients to a high-speed blender and add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend till completely smooth.
- Transfer to a 16 oz. mason jar and cool completely before adding to salads or using as marinade!
If you don’t have any tomatoes, just use more tomatillos.