The best of any summer recipe is all the ripe, bright flavors melding together. Whether raw in a salad, steamed as a side dish, or roasted with tons of herbs and spices, there is nothing better than summer produce piled on a plate. This dish is no exception. I used what I had in my CSA delivery, but green beans, eggplant, potatoes or any other seasonal combination would work excellent here.
Roasted Summer Veggie Gratin [Vegan]
- 2 cups squash (acorn, summer, zucchini, whatever you have!)
- 2 ears corn, cooked
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Prep your veggies! Thinly slice squash, mushrooms, onion and tomatoes. Cut corn off the cob.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with 1 T olive oil. Evenly spread squash, mushrooms, and onions on sheet and roast until browned, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Spread onion and garlic evenly in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Top with mushrooms, then squash, then corn. Finish with a layer of sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs with nutritional yeast. Sprinkle evenly on top of dish.
- Combine remaining 2 T olive oil with herbs. Drizzle over top of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are bubbling and crust is browned.