Pizza and wine night just got better with this Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Tofu Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze. Along with the sweet and sour balsamic glaze and homemade ricotta this pizza has vegan mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic, and lots of fresh basil. That plain and simple cheese pizza is getting an upgrade!
Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Tofu Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
For the Roasted Red Pepper Pizza:
- Pizza Dough, homemade or store-bought (see notes)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, from jar
- 6-7 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil, for brushing on crust
For the Tofu Ricotta:
- Half a Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
For the Pizza:
- If you have a favorite pizza dough recipe, use that! If not, store-bought works well!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add the tomato sauce to a small bowl and mix in the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle as much or as little vegan mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce as you’d like.
- Thinly slice the roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes, and garlic. Be sure to leave the garlic in bigger chunks or slices so it doesn’t burn. Evenly spread toppings on the pizza.
- Add the tofu, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until smooth but still has some texture. Dollop spoonfuls evenly on the pizza.
For the Assemble and Bake:
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt if desired.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Every oven is different so keep an eye on it.
- While the pizza is cooking, make the balsamic glaze. Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in to a small pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the balsamic glaze has reduced and thickened. It should coat the back of a spoon. About 10-15 minutes.