When plain basil pesto is getting old, it's time to mix things up! This recipe adds in plenty of roasted red peppers for an interesting smoky sweetness. A little sweet, a little cheesy, and super creamy, this red pepper pesto will definitely enter your dinner rotation. Plus it can be made simply by throwing all the pesto ingredients in a blender and then pouring over your pasta of choice.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound of cooked pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
- Combine all ingredients (minus pasta) in a high -speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour onto hot pasta and mix to combine.