Roasted cauliflower is always a winner, so purple roasted cauliflower is even better! This colorful veg is enhanced by the zesty kale pesto its served with. This recipe is an easy grain-free dinner that puts whole foods in the spotlight.
Roasted Purple Cauliflower with Kale Pesto [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 3-4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub oil all over cauliflower, even the bottom and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in small cast iron pan or baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes.
- In the mean time prepare pesto. In a food processor combine kale, garlic, onion, and lemon juice. Gradually pour in avocado oil. Remove lid and add cashews. Pulse until well combined. The pesto is ready when it is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Spread pesto over cauliflower using a spoon, you will have some leftover pesto. Place back in oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.