Carrots, pomegranate and citrus are all in season right now and a quick tahini sauce, marries all the flavors beautifully. Since winter is cold and grey, these bright orange carrots and shiny red pomegranate seeds provide some much needed warmth and color.
Roasted Carrots with Orange Tahini Sauce and Pomegranate [Vegan]
- 2 bunches thin carrots, greens trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide carrots between 2 sheets and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Line them up face down.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip carrots to face up, and switch oven racks so both sheets of carrots cook roast evenly. Roast for another 10-15 minutes until desired softness.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl or blender, combine remaining ingredients aside from pomegranate seeds and cilantro to create tahini sauce.
- Once carrots are finished roasting, lay carrots on serving platter, pour over tahini sauce, chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds.