These tacos are seasonal, so simple, and packed with protein! Get in your good fats with this excellent pairing of beans, tofu, and avocado.
Roasted Brussels and Tofu With Homemade Refried Red Bean Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- There is no other way to cook these sprouts. Pre-heat the oven and cook them 425°F for about 30 minutes with sea salt, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- Cook the dry beans in your pressure cooker. Fill the water about 2 inches over top. Cook for 14 minutes. Let them cool off naturally and then drain, but preserve the water.
- Get a hot skillet on, and add 5-6 cloves of garlic in olive oil. Allow them to sizzle over medium heat until browned.
- Then smash them up with a fork. Add the drained beans, about 1 cup of the bean juice, and big portions of the following: coarse sea salt, cumin, lime, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Mash them up as they simmer for a few minutes. Use an immersion blender for truly expert results.
- Add your tofu, sprouts, beans, guacamole, and fresh cilantro to your tortilla shells!
- Don't like tortilla shells, make a taco bowl or taco salad with more greens and the carb of your choice!