It's that time of year! The time to roast chestnuts, Brussels sprouts, and apples. If you aren’t sure if you like Brussels sprouts, give Brussels sprouts a try. Despite their reputation, they actually have a pretty mild flavor when roasted. If you are trying to convince your kids to try them, remind them they are mini cabbages made bite-size just for them. And pretty cute too! Make sure you make this dish on a cookie sheet for maximizing your crispiness efforts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Apples and Chestnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Apples and Chestnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brussels Sprouts:
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter or 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk and 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
For the Rest:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup peeled/roasted chestnuts
- 1/2 cup cranberries
How to Prepare Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Apples and Chestnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Stir ingredients for the sauce together, set aside.
- On the stove top with an oven safe dish, sauté the chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.Add the Brussels sprouts to the pot and pour the sauce mixture on top.
- Roast for an hour at 400°F. At thirty minutes, toss with tongs. If you like softer Brussels sprouts, covering it will steam it more than roast/brown.
- Take the Brussels sprouts out of the oven and add the apples, chestnuts and cranberries. Stir into the pot.
- Change oven setting to broil, and broil for 5 minutes.
- Stir, and repeat broiling for 3 minutes at a time until all of the liquid is soaked up.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1267 | Total Carbs: 224 g | Total Fat: 39 g | Total Protein: 18 g | Total Sodium: 381 g | Total Sugar: 116 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.