This is an easy, hands off meal that’s done in 45 minutes top to bottom. Sweet, roasted Brussels sprouts and tart, oven-bursted cherry tomatoes tangle with spaghetti in a cheesy, buttery sauce. Make the most of those veggies that quickly move past their prime with this delicious pasta dish!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bursted Cherry Tomato Spaghetti [Vegan]
- 2 heaping cups of Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 heaping cup of cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta, dry
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and wash the veggies.
- Slice off the stem end of the Brussels sprouts and discard it, along with any outer leaves. Cut in half lengthwise, then again to quarter. Place the sprouts along with the tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange the veggies in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the veggies cook, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low. Add the garlic and sauté about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. When there is about 10 minutes left for the veggies to cook add the pasta and boil until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta as well as the roasted veggies. Be sure to get in any juice that has escaped from the tomatoes while cooking.
- Serve hot with a glass of red wine.