Yes, this is real! Smoky, and salty, this rice paper bacon is made by seasoning rice paper rolls in a smoky paste and the dehydrating until crispy. It's the perfect addition to your salads, soups, and sandwiches, or for a light snack that's big on flavor!
Rice Paper Bacon [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 sheets rice paper
- Water, for soaking rice paper
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl, except for the rice paper and soaking water. Stir together to form a paste for coating the rice paper.
- Meanwhile, break the rice paper into rectangular strips and fill a bowl with warm water. Add the rice paper to the bowl to soften, 3-4 at a time.
- As each piece is softened, remove it from the bowl and coat it in the smoky paste, and then place it on the dehydrating tray.
- As you remove each piece of rice paper from the bowl, keep adding in additional pieces to soften until all the pieces have been coated and are ready to dehydrate.
- Turn on the dehydrator and run for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until the rice paper is crispy again. Serve on top of salads, on sandwiches or just enjoy plain.