Rhubarb reminds me of my late Grandmother. She and my Pappy use to grow it in their garden for almost 60 years. Grandma would stew it and serve it with mountains of ice cream. This recipe is a tribute to a beautiful, kind, and loving lady. I wish she was still here to see and share my passion for food.
Rhubarb, Rose Water, and Lime Sorbet [Vegan]
- 275 mls of rhubarb juice (approx. 2 bunches of rhubarb)
- 1/8 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup of agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 teaspoon of rosewater
- Bring the water and agave to the boil. Stir well to combine.
- Add the rhubarb and lime juice, stir to combine, remove from heat and add the rosewater.
- Pop the mixture into a metal tray and place in the freezer for a couple of hours till frozen.
- Once frozen it’s still icy so just blend it and pop back in the freezer until it firms up again (approx 45 mins to an hour) and serve. Apart from the freezing time, this is SO fast and SO easy to make.