This Red Quinoa and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing is a nice combination of sweet, tangy and a little spicy with lots of healthy protein that makes a very satisfying meal. What I like most about this recipe is that it's very versatile and you could add, exclude or change any of the ingredients into your favorite combination of flavors. The other thing I like about it, is that most of the ingredients (with the exception of the quinoa and black beans) aren’t cooked and are fresh and raw. You could also made this an even more filling meal by adding it in a tortilla (gluten-free, if needed) and making a wrap with it.
Red Quinoa and Mango Salad With Lime Dressing [Vegan]
- 2 cups organic red quinoa (cooked)
- 1 organic mango (diced)
- 1 organic avocado (diced)
- 1 organic tomato (diced)
- 1 organic jalapeno (diced)
- 1/2 Large organic onion (diced)
- 1/2 - 1 cup organic cilantro (chopped)
- 1 can organic black beans (15 ounce can, drained)
- 1 can organic non-GMO corn (15 ounce can, drained)
- 2 organic limes (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon organic chili powder
- pink himalayan salt (to taste)
- Prepare 2 cups of red quinoa according to your preferred method or package instructions.
- Dice the mango, avocado, tomato, onion and jalapeno then chop the cilantro into small pieces.
- Add the diced vegetables, corn and black beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for the lime dressing together and whisk together.
- Add the cooked quinoa and lime dressing to the large bowl with the vegetable mixture and stir together well until everything is combined well and the lime dressing has been evenly distributed.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and/or a squeeze of lime juice (optional).