This recipe for borscht is cheap to make and very healthy as well as tasty! The bright color will make you smile, and the flavor will be even better. Vibrant, simple, and wonderful!
Red Borscht Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 3 medium beets, washed well and cubed
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced or shredded
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 5 ounce can tomato paste
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar or to taste (optional)
- Salt and papper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- coconut cream topping (optional)
- Wash and chop all of your veggies and place them in large pot. Pour in the vegetable stock and cover the pot. Place over medium high heat and bring to simmering boil. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes, or until the beets and potatoes are very tender.
- Add the tomato paste, sugar, dill, salt, and pepper then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot with desired toppings.