This curry is totally delicious, and it’s also a lot easier to clean up because there is no oil coating your dishes. The part that takes the longest is chopping the veggies!
Red Bean Curry [Vegan, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Red Bean Curry [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional but yummy)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (10 turns)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chopped spinach
How to Prepare Red Bean Curry [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, adding a splash of water and stirring when they start to brown.
- Add the garlic and green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, water, coconut aminos (if using), cinnamon stick, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger powder, black pepper, cumin powder and bay leaf. Simmer with a lid on the pot at an angle, for 20 - 25 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach. Remove the cinnamon stick and bayleaf before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.