A fresh, local, farmers market inspired raw cake. The combination of frozen fruit, and coconut milk makes this seemingly fancy and extravagant dish so easy to make. Why choose between fruity desserts, chocolatey desserts, and creamy desserts when you can have all THREE with this beautiful ice cream cake.
Raw Fruit and Coconut Ice Cream Cake with Brownie Crust [Vegan]
- 400 ml fresh raw coconut milk (or 1 can of store-bought)
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar (or preferred sweetener, to taste)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw oats (or buckwheat groats for a gluten-free version)
- 2/3 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Whatever fresh or frozen you have or like, about 2 cups
- Find a bowl that can hold about 6 cups, or use a small dome cake pan and line it with plastic wrap, tin foil or whatever. I used a dome shaped colander and plastic wrap, it worked fine. Alternatively you can just make this using a normal cake pan.
- Line the sides of the pan or bowl with your chosen fruit.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into your pan or bowl and put in the freezer until solid, about 3 or 4 hours.
- Put the walnuts, oats and cacao in your food processor and pulse until they become a flour.
- Add the dates and process until it starts to stick together.
- Press onto the "top" of your ice cream cake (it will become the bottom when you flip it later).
- Put in the fridge for about an hour to let everything set.
- Then carefully flip your cake onto a plate and take off your lining - voila!
- Decorate as you wish, slice, and let thaw before eating.