A wonderful pumpkin bar made with beans and other wholesome ingredients. For a chocolate-pumpkin bean brownie, use 1/4 cup cocoa in place of 1/4 cup oats. You can also use black beans for the chocolate recipe to get the right brownie color.
Pumpkin Spice Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 15 ounces white beans (any)
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 whole bananas
- 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine all ingredients except oats (and cocoa if using) in a food processor, blending until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in oats (and cocoa if using) then transfer to a square baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the center is firm to the touch.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing or eating (the bars firm as they cool). The pumpkin flavor also intensifies the next day (make in advanced if possible).
If you only have rolled oats, send them through your food processor first to chop them up so they are smaller and more granulated like instant oats.