One of the reasons tacos are a favorite around our house is the endless possibilities of fresh veggies and toppings that can be added - olives, tomatoes, avocado, greens, caramelized onions and peppers are just a few of our must haves on taco night- making it super easy to eat the rainbow in one sitting. Spanish Pardina Lentils are called for in the recipe however any lentil would work well - canned lentils would cut your prep time in half, getting dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
4 large tacos
Ingredients You Need for Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
For the Tacos:
- 1 large onion - cut in half & each half thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils/ (1) 15oz can
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 vegan soft tortillas
For the Toppings:
- handful of greens
- 1 tomato sliced or cubed
How to Prepare Lentil Tacos [Vegan]
- Thinly slice each onion half - in a medium pan melt coconut butter over medium heat. Add onion slices, tossing to coat. Cook onions over medium - low heat stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until onions begin to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan add lentils through liquid smoke - simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes. Just prior to assembling tacos stir in salt & lime juice.
- To assemble tacos, create a base layer of greens in the tortilla, then add your tomatoes & top with lentils and caramelized onions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.