These crunchy cranberry chick'n pita pockets are perfect for a quick and easy meal that you can make ahead and take with you on the go. The filling is a combination of mouthwatering flavors and textures, like meaty soy curls, tart cranberry sauce, chewy dried cranberries, and crunchy walnuts. Stuff this filling in a pita pocket, wrap it up in a tortilla, put it on a salad ... Any way you choose to eat this, it will be delicious.
Crunchy Cranberry Chick’n Pita Pockets [Vegan]
- 1 handful of dried soy curls
- 1/3 can cranberry sauce (plus a little extra)
- 1/4 cup dried cran/cherry mix
- A scant 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 slices of bread, 2 pockets or 2 wraps
- Chopped lettuce
- 3-4 Tablespoons vegan ranch dressing
- Place the soy curls in a bowl of warm water to soak. After 10 minutes, drain and squeeze out all remaining liquid.
- Add to a bowl with 1/2 the cranberry sauce, the dried cran/cherry mix and walnuts. Schmear the bread with cranberry sauce, then add lettuce and stuff with the soy curl/cranberry mixture. Top with the ranch dressing and remaining cranberry sauce.