These colorful zucchini rolls are the ideal finger food to put out at a party because they look gorgeous and taste great too. The fresh, raw zucchini are salted and then smeared with sunflower pâté and finally, stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, radish sprouts, and a fresh basil leaf. These elegant bits have a subtle, delicate flavor that makes them very hard to resist.
Raw Zucchini Rolls With Sunflower Seed Pâté and Sun-Dried Tomatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sunflower Pâté:
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds, soaked for 2 hours
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt, pepper, and hot pepper, to taste
For the Rolls:
- 1 young, large zucchini, cut into 12 thin slices
- 12 basil leaves
- 6 dried sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup of radish sprouts
- Salt the zucchini slices and set them aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sunflower pâté by blending all the ingredients together until they're creamy.
- Rinse zucchini and dry it on a paper towel.
- Spread some of the pâté on a strip of zucchini, lay the sprouts on top of that, place a few strips of sun-dried tomatoes over those, add the basil, and then roll everything up and pin it with a toothpick.