Tangy, sweet, and easily made in the freezer, these raw cheesecakes are a delicious and easy-to-make treat. Simply gather your ingredients, pulse everything in a food processor, assemble the mixture into a muffin tray, and then pop it in the freezer. Seven hours later, you'll have some seriously scrumptious dessert!
Raw Vanilla Key Lime Cheesecakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup pitted dates or raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds or brazil nuts
For the Filling:
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1 cup almond or soy milk or 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar, plus stevia drops to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- Blend crust ingredients until crumble consistency and press down in muffin tray. If you'd like, use a tiny bit of coconut oil in the bottom to make sure they won't stick. Then, fill 1/4 of each hole and leave in freezer while making the filling.
- Blend all the cheesecake ingredients in a blender. Add a little more almond milk if needed until the consistency is really creamy and smooth. If you need more sweetness, you can add a few stevia drops to taste.
- Spread the mixture on each crust and freeze for at least 7 hours.
- Remove from freezer and splash a bit of hot water on the back of the muffin tray to make it easier to remove the cheesecakes. Top with lime slices, coconut, cashews, or any other favorite topping you have. Let defrost before serving.
You can leave these cheesecakes in the refrigerator for a couple of days or freezer for up to 3 weeks.