Sweet Potato Pad Thai [Vegan]
Sweet Potato Noodle Salad:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
For the Pad Thai Dressing:
- 1/3 cup almond butter (raw or roasted, the roasted one will have a richer taste but the raw one is much healthier)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of red pepper (according to taste)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- peanuts (optional)
- Prepare the vegetable noodles: Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or spiralizer to create noodles out of the sweet potato, red cabbage and red bell pepper. I used a spiralizer for the potatoes and a mandolin for the cabbage and the bell pepper.
- Mix the vegetable noodles in a big bowl with the bean sprouts.
- Make the sauce: In a blender, blend the ingredients until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Drizzle some of the dressing to coat the vegetables.
- Use your hands to gently toss the mixture until everything is coating in dressing.
- If you have some extra sauce left, serve it in a bowl on the side. Serve with a wedge of lime, some fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.