These raw cheesecake squares are simple to make but contain a delightfully complex flavor. The lime is citrusy sweet, the pistachio is salty, and the coconut adds a nice tropical flair. Enjoy these straight out of the freezer for an icy treat or allow them to soften a bit for a creamy dessert. Either way, they're delicious!
Raw Pistachio, Coconut, and Lime Cheesecakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 grated rind of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup (do not use this if making the recipe grain-free)
- Crushed pistachios
- Grated lime rind
- Line your square cake pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Blend all base ingredients, scoop out into baking tray, press down with your fingers, then place in the freezer.
- Blend all filling ingredients until creamy, pour onto base, smooth over with the back of a spoon and place in freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and cut into squares. Top with your garnish, slice, and serve.