Need a break from heavy, greasy takeout food? Try this refreshing raw pad thai recipe! It's a perfect place to start when your body just needs a reboot. Leave the tofu out for a soy free and fully raw meal!
Raw Pad Thai Bowl With Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 medium-small carrot
- 1/2 medium-small zucchini
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 ounces cubed tofu
- 4 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 lime
- 1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts
- Thinly slice cabbage, carrots and zucchini into 1/4-inch ribbons. Finely chop green onion, cilantro, and jalapeño, reserving 2 tablespoons of each. Combine veggies in a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add bean sprouts and tofu. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine almond butter, tahini, tamari, maple syrup, minced garlic, ginger, the juice of 1/4 of the lime and 2 teaspoons water and blend until smooth. Add a little more water if needed to thin.
- Add sauce to bowl of veggies and gently toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Coarsely chop peanuts and garnish dish with these, plus reserved green onion, cilantro and jalapeño to serve.