These raw lemon bars are easy to make and great for feeding your friends because the recipe makes a pretty big batch. Still, you might not want to share! They're that good. The creamy date base is combined with fresh lemon and coconut to make a winning medley of flavors that will have everybody asking for seconds. With only a few simple ingredients (oats, dates, lemons, and coconut) you'll have delicious raw lemon bars to satisfy your sweet tooth! Plus, they're no-bake! No need to turn on that oven and heat up your whole home!
Raw Lemon Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Lemon Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.4 cups gluten-free oats
- 7 ounces dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 small lemons, juiced and zested
- 3.9 ounces unsweetened desiccated coconut
- A pinch salt
How to Prepare Raw Lemon Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pit the dates and place them into a food processor along with the lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract. Blend them well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the desiccated coconut, oats, and salt. Place the date/lemon mixture into the mixing bowl and mix everything until it's fully combined.
- Pour the coconut base mixture into the lined baking tray and press down until the bars are compact. Pop them into the freezer to set.
- Once the lemon slab has set, carefully cut them into bars and place on a serving plate along with a sprinkling of icing sugar, ground oats, desiccated coconut, and a slice of fresh lemon.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 94 | Carbs: 13 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 0 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.